Next: Version 10.0
Up: Old Releases
Previous: Old Releases
This version was released on or about Feb. 14, 2012. It addresses a number
of issues related to the new wideband system on the VLBA.
- Add example eg3mm_rdbe.key
that shows how to schedule reference pointing while doing RDBE_PFB observations
where the RDBE cannot be told to use the Doppler frequencies and narrow
bandwidths needed for reference pointing. This involved adding the catalog files
sources_RDBE_PFB.pointing and peak_RDBE.cmd which are very
similar to sources.pointing and peak.cmd but set up for use when
making the RDBE schedule (VEX file). Feb. 14, 2012. RCW.
- Add warning if requesting more than 0.5 MHz per spectral channel
if correlating in Socorro. That puts the data at some risk of smearing
when correlated with a priori clocks. Feb. 10, 2012.
- Add ASC (Astro Space Center - Moscow) to the allowed correlators.
That correlator is used for Radioastron data. Feb. 10, 2012 RCW.
- Beta version released near Feb. 7, 2012 RCW
- Tweak egrdbe.key and egrdbe2.key to make them more useful for
users. Also work on the wideband part of the manual. Feb. 7, 2012.
- Increase number of digits on RA and Dec in multiple phase centers
in the v2d output at request of Adam Deller. Feb. 6, 2012 RCW.
- Deal with cases of multiple pcenters input groups. Also warn when
a centers group is not found. Fix bug when testing for multiple centers
on a phase center. Feb. 1, 2012 RCW.
- Some pointing schedules driven from the scripts using the optimization
mode that takes scans that are up were passing up a lot of good scans at the
start. Itcatalogs/sources.gsfc2011b turns out that this was because the estimated start time of
the first scan was changing too much until a scan was finally kept and
sources that were actually up were flagged as down. Fixed Jan. 31, 2012. RCW
- Allow 1040MHz BBC for RDBE_PFB so it is possible to schedule
single polarization runs that span the full IF bandwidth. Warn
of likely corruption of data in that channel. If sideband inversion
is being used, the 528 channel will also be needed so allow that too,
but warn that the on-line system will change it to 1040. Correlation
will happen as if it is 1040, so don't expect fringes. Jan. 4, 2012 RCW.
- Make it possible to write Vex files for pointing observations on
the VLBA. This required providing a FORMAT in the schedules and
getting around some tests against non-recording projects in the Vex
and regular code. A future enhancement will be to allow FORMAT=NONE
for non-recording observations and to provide some way to specify
pointing patterns in Vex. The immediate need is driven by the
transfer of control of all switches on the VLBA antennas to the new
control system which was originally meant to control the RDBE and
Mark5C but will eventually control everything. The new control system
works from the Vex files and must control the switches for all
observing, including pointing type single dish tests. This item
also includes adding the ptv... setup file for pointing with
a FORMAT assigned. Nov. 15, 2011. RCW
- Make new source catalogs sources.vlba.2011nov, sources.rfc2011d,
and sources.gsfc2011a based on the Goddard 2011a_astro and Petrov
2011d solutions. Provide symbolic links sources.vlba, sources.Petrov,
and sources.GSFC so schedules don't have to be kept up to date with
last release. See the top lines of any of those files for details of
how they differ. Users should think about which they wish to use
which is why sources.vlba is no longer there except temporarily as a
link to the previous catalog. Nov. 11, 2011 RCW
- Fix an oversight in the Vex code where two FREQ blocks could
be considered the same if everything except the net sideband matches.
We actually had a test schedule involving sideband inversion at the
GBT that had just such a situation, when the FREQ blocks should
not have been condsidered to be the same. Nov. 8, 2011 RCW.
- Fix a bug where, if there were no periods ok for preemption,
an array element with subscript 0 was accessed. The SUN version
did not like that and crashed. Nov. 3, 2011. RCW
- When using the frequency catalog to find a good first LO etc
when using the RDBE, discourage choices that will cause baseband
channels to include a crossover point. This should help get settings
for which the 32 MHz channels with the PFB are at the right place,
even when there are both upper and lower sideband first LO choices.
It also helps get the right LO setting when the DDC is used. Nov. 3,
- Add warning when the first scan crosses midnight and there might
be confusion about DAY, MONTH, and YEAR applying to the stop time.
Nov. 2, 2011 RCW.
- Add support for the new VLBA 4-8 GHz receiver. Very many
frequency options were added to freq_RDBE.dat to support the 4 channel
IF converter. The use of any of the 4 IFs was added to the checking
routines, although the total number is still limited to 2 for now.
Example egcwide.key was added to exercise this system. This will still
be called the 6cm band. Nov. 1, 2011 RCW.
- For RDBE/PFB observations where the sideband in the RDBE
must be lower, allow for the fact that the DiFX correlator can invert
the sideband. This is done in the code by the program that checks
the setups for the RDBE/PFB. If an upper sideband is found, it is
converted to lower with appropriate LO and sideband changes.
Some bugs were revealed in the VEX new mode section,
some of which were fixed, but not all yet. Oct. 16, 2011 RCW
- Make freq_RDBE.dat with frequency bands adjusted for 512-1024 MHz.
This now has the VLBA and GBT and one fake EB entry. More will be
needed. Oct. 12, 2011 RCW.
- Fix the hsa1cm.key file for some setup errors recently identified
in the ongoing observations. Oct. 11, 2011 RCW.
- Rationalize the DSN stations in the catalogs. Move to the DSS
names as much as possible, consistent with the positions from the
geodetic solutions. This might break old key files. Oct. 11, 2011 RCW
- Update the locations catalog to gsfc2011a. Oct. 16, 2011 RCW
- Add BEGIN and END to locations catalog inputs to deal with time
ranges for episodic motion. Set up the format translators from
geodetic solutions to provide those numbers. Discontinue the use
of DBCODE and AXISTYPE in the locations file (AXISTYPE is in the
stations catalog) and DBCODE is not used. Oct. 5, 2011 RCW
- Remove use of RCWINCLUDE with verbatiminput to include examples
in the manual and simplify the update and release process. Sept. 26, 2011
- Only announce fits being skipped in geodetic segment if GEOPRT=1 or
higher. Sept 21, 2011.
- Improve the PGPLOT distribution included with SCHED. This is
mainly improving the organization and instructions. Also it involved
some changes in the scripts that build the makefile for SCHED.
RCW Sept 24, 2011.
Next: Version 10.0
Up: Old Releases
Previous: Old Releases