Next: Details of SCHED Parameters
Up: The Schedule File
Previous: The Schedule File
Summary List of SCHED Parameters
- VERSION: Schedule version number. Helps identify latest.
- EXPT: Short description of project.
- EXPCODE: Project code.
- PINAME: Name of Principal Investigator.
- ADDRESS1: Principal Investigator's address for cover
- ADDRESS2: information. Up to 4 lines allowed.
- PHONE: Principal Investigator's phone number.
- OBSPHONE: Principal Investigator's telephone number
- TELEX: Principal Investigator's TELEX number (obsolete).
- EMAIL: Principal Investigator's electronic mail
- FAX: Principal Investigator's FAX number.
- OBSMODE: Frequency band, recording system etc.
- OBSTYPE: Type of observation. Mostly for recorder control
- NOTE1: 1st of 4 comment lines for cover information.
- NOTE2: 2nd of 4 comment lines for cover information.
- NOTE3: 3rd of 4 comment lines for cover information.
- NOTE4: 4th of 4 comment lines for cover information.
COVERLET Flag that in-line cover letter follows.
- DEBUG: Turn on various debugging printouts.
- OVERRIDE: Flag for programmers to bypass restrictions.
- DOSTA: Restrict processing to specific stations.
- DOVEX: Write a VEX file.
- VEXTEST: Allow use of unreleased VEX features.
- EXIT: Finish interactive input.
- OVERwrit: Overwrite files from previous run of
- PLOT: Invoke plotting part of SCHED.
- SCHedule: Name of file containing rest of schedule.
CATALOGS and other other ``external'' input.
- LINEINIT: Following inputs will be rest frequencies.
- SETINIT: Name and flag for in-line setup data.
- SRCCAT: Flag for start of in-line source catalog.
- SRCFILE: Name of external source file.
- SRCFILE2: Name of second external source file.
- STACAT: Flag for start of in-line station catalog.
- STAFILE: Name of external station file.
- TAPEFILE: File name for tape initialization information.
- TAPEINI: Flag that next group of input is tape
- EPHFILE: File containing JPL ephemeris data for planets.
- FREQFILE: File containing standard frequency setups.
- PEAKFILE: File with reference pointing parameters.
- PEAKINIT: Following inputs are for reference pointing.
- SATFILE: File containing satellite orbital elements.
- PCENTERS: Flag for start of lists of multiple phase centers
GENERAL CONTROL PARAMETERS:
- CALTIME: Integration time for calibration data.
- DODOWN: Keep down antennas in scans.
- DOSCANS: Keep only this scan range. Mainly for operations.
- WRAP24: Double a 24 hour schedule to allow different start.
- IATUTC: IAT-UTC for planetary motion cards at VLA.
- INTENTs: Directives for observing, correlation, and processing.
- LINEPG: Number of lines per page in operator schedules.
- LST: Schedule is in LST for specified station.
- NCHAN: Number of baseband channels (Obsolete - set setups).
- PRECDATE: ``Observe'' date for coordinate conversions.
- SUMITEM: Items to show in the summary file.
- TANTSTA1: List 1 of stations for Ta measurement requests.
- TANTSTA2: List 2 of stations for Ta measurement requests.
BASIC SCAN TIMING and CONFIGURATION:
- STATions: Station list for scan. Up to 30.
- SOURCE: Source name.
- QUAL: Qualifier for source.
- YEAR: Year of first scan stop time.
- MONTH: Month number.
- DAY: Day number. 1 is first day of MONTH. Can
be day of year.
- START: Start time of scan.
- STOP: Stop time of scan.
- DURation: Duration of scan.
- DWELL: Duration of scan but start when antennas on
- GAP: Minimum interval between scans.
- PRESCAN: Time to wait before starting recording (Obsolete).
- PRESTART: Time to start recording before scan start.
- PREEMPT: Protect scan from preemption at PT and MK for EOP observations.
- GROUP: Number of scans to repeat.
- REPeat: Number of times to repeat scan(s).
- SETUP: Name of file containing VLBA setup information.
- COMMENT: Comment to appear in schedule.
- SCANTAG: Name for scan to put in summary tables.
- LINENAME: Name of group of rest frequencies to use.
- DOPINCR: Minimum increments for frequency setting.
- DOPPLER: Set frequency based on velocity for
- NODOP: Turn off doppler calculations.
- DOMKA: Record on Mark5A during Mark5C observations.
- DOPCAL: Obsolete form of DOPPLER.
- DOPSRC: Set frequency based on velocity of this source.
- FREQ: Up to 16 baseband channel sky frequencies for
- BW: Baseband channel bandwidths.
- CRDCH1: First main channel for related VLBA legacy channel.
- CRDNCH: Number of VLBA legacy system channels.
- CRDFREQ: Force VLBA legacy BBC frequencies separate from RDBE.
- CRDBW: Force VLBA legacy BBC bandwidth separate from RDBE.
- CRDDOP: Provoke Doppler setting of VLBA legacy
BBCs sparate from RDBE.
- CRDSETCH: List of setup baseband channels to use on VLBA legacy
- PCAL: Mode for pulse cal generators.
- CENTERS: Use multiple phase centers in processing.
- PEAK: Peak up on source.
- NOPEAK: Turn off peak up request.
- POINT: Convert the scan to a reference pointing scan.
- PKWATCH: Extra output when AUTOPEAK selected.
- TANT1: Turn on Ta measurement at the TANTSTA1
- TANT2: Turn on Ta measurement at the TANTSTA2
- TSYS: Turn on Tsys measurements.
- NOTSYS: Do not measure system temperature.
- GEOSEG: Insert a geodetic (DELZN) segment.
- GEOSRCS: Gives a list of sources for geodetic segments.
- GEOPRT: Turn on debugging print from geodetic insertion.
- GEOTRIES: Number of trial geodetic segments to test.
- GEOBACK: Number of look-back scans while selecting geodetic
- GEOSLEW: Relative weight of slew time in selecting geodetic
- GEOSLOW: Stations getting to source this much later than others
can be left out of a scan in a geodetic sequence.
- GEOSREP: Minimum number of scans between repeats of the same
source in a geodetic sequence.
- GEOLOWEL: Upper boundary of ``low'' elevation region for geo sources.
- GEOHIEL: Lower boundary of ``high'' elevation region for geo sources.
- PN3DB: Do VLBA half power tracking tests.
- NOPN3DB: Turn off VLBA tracking tests.
- PTVLBA: Do VLBA pointing sequence.
- NOPTVLBA: Turn off VLBA pointing measurements.
- TAVLBA: Request Tant measuring mode.
- NOTAVLBA: Turn off VLBA antenna temperature measurements.
- PTDUR: Duration of each step in VLBA pointing
- PTSLEW: Time to allow for slewing to source in
- AZCOLIM: Azimuth colimation offset for scan for VLBA.
- ELCOLIM: Elevation colimation offset for scan for VLBA.
- FOCUS: Focus offset for scan for VLBA.
- ROTATION: Subreflector rotation offset for scan for VLBA.
- ROTPAT: Expand pointing patterns to include focus/rotation.
- ROTOFF: Rotation offsets for ROTPAT pattern.
- FOCOFF: Focus offsets for ROTPAT pattern.
- CRDLINE: Arbitrary line for VLBA files for on-line testing.
RECORDER CONTROL (Obsolete parameters after switch to disk):
- MINPAUSE: Minimum record stop time between scans.
- RECord: Record on tape this scan. Non-zero to not record.
The following parameters are obsolete as they only applied to tape.
- AUTOTAPE: Request automatic tape changes. Give tape time.
- FASTFOR: Fast foreward the wide band tape.
- REWIND: Rewind wide band tape.
- REVERSE: Reverse direction of recording of wide band tape.
- TAPE: Force a tape change. Reset AUTOTAPE
- TPREF: Reference time for Mark II tape changes.
- TAPESYNC: Synchronize tape changes (see warnings).
- DATAPATH: Controls where data goes first.
- GRABTO: Controls where recorded data goes.
- GRABTIME: Controls which data are sent.
- GRABGAP: Controls how much time is needed to send data.
OPTIMIZATION (Beware -- experimental features!):
- OPDUR: Duration for experimental optimizing mode.
- OPELPRIO: Two elevation ranges in which OPSKIP not active.
- OPMINEL: Minimum elevation for an "up" source.
- OPMINANT: Minimum number of antennas in a scan.
OPMISS For OPTMODE = SCANS, only keep this scan
if this many scans have been skipped.
- OPNOSUB: Don't subarray in experimental optimizing mode.
- OPSKIP: Skip source OPSKIP times unless in
priority elevaion range.
- OPTLOWT: Time scale for low el samples in
OPTMODE = CELLS or CSUB.
- OPTMODE: Optimization mode.
- OPPRTLEV: Print level for optimizing routine (mainly mode HAS).
- OPTSLEW: Time scale for slews in OPTMODE = CELLS or CSUB.
- OPHA: Prefered hour angle for scan OPTMODE=HAS.
- OPHAWID: Tolerance for hour angle OPTMODE=HAS.
- OPHAWT: Importance of HA vs other weights OPTMODE=HAS.
- OPHASTA: Reference station for hour angles OPTMODE=HAS.
- OPMINSEP: Minimum separation of scans on a source OPTMODE=HAS.
- OPSLEWWT: Importance of slew time vs other weights OPTMODE=HAS.
- OPSLEWTI: Scale time for slew time weights OPTMODE=HAS.
- OPHLIMWT: Importance of near limits vs other weights OPTMODE=HAS.
- OPHLIMTI: Importance of HA vs other weights OPTMODE=HAS.
- OPHMAXDT: Maximum offset from desired HA to consider OPTMODE=HAS.
- AUTOPEAK: Insert reference pointing scans.
- MAPLIM: Lat/long limits for station map when OBSTYPE=CONFIG
- GRIDNR: Number of radial cells in uv optimization grid.
- GRIDNT: Number of azimuthal cells in uv optimization grid.
- GRIDMIN: Inner radius of uv optimization grid.
- GRIDMAX: Outer radius of uv optimization grid.
- GRIDW0: Characteristic radius for linear to logarithmic grid spacing.
- GRIDSTEP: Set the spacing of points for quality grid around a station.
- GRIDMEAS: Set which quality measure to use.
- GRIDVLA: Specify that only baselines to VLA antennas are to be used.
- UVMFS: Show effect of MFS in UV plots.
SPECIAL VLA PARAMETERS (These are now obsolete):
- VLAINTEG: VLA correlator integration time.
- VLAPTIME: Duration of phasing subscans on the EVLA
- VLAMODE: VLA observing mode.
- VLAPEAK: Control reference pointing.
- VLANTSYS: Turn off VLA system temperature corrections.
- VLAPSRC: Phasing source for VLA observations.
- VLARFANT: Reference antenna for single dish or phasing.
- VLATSYS: Turn on VLA system temperature corrections. Also VLANTSYS.
- VLATYPE: Type of VLA observations.
- VLAUSERN: Obsolete - VLA user number.
Next: Details of SCHED Parameters
Up: The Schedule File
Previous: The Schedule File