Next: Release of 18 September
Up: Old Releases
Previous: Version 6.01
Version 6.0 - Released March 8, 2005
This includes many items that were in the 4 Oct 2004 release made
in the AOC.
- Add the Australian LBA to list of recognized correlators.
30 Sept 2003 RCW.
- Give the current SCHED version in the top level page
of the manual. Add a link to the ftp site where the distribution
files are found. 16 Oct. 2003 RCW.
- Make the FANOUT default reasonable for non-power-of-two numbers
of channels (before it could be fractional, leading to an error).
27 Oct. 2003 RCW.
- Fixed broken html link to DURation in the summary list of
SCHED parameters. 4 Nov 2003 RCW.
- First Mac OS X installation. The main difficulty was getting
PGPLOT installed. Later this became easier if you could get the
as-yet-unreleased version 5.3 of PGPLOT which includes Mac. Since the
compiler is g77 and the underlying operating system is unix, the only
changes needed to sched were a couple of library pointers in the
makefile. The code was unchanged. Dec 2003 RCW.
- Moved some plot routines from src/Sched to src/PlotNRAO so that the plotstub option will actually work. These
are routines related to configuration searches that I, rather than
Franco, support. 6 Nov 2003 RCW
- Fixed some minor compatibility issues found by Patrick Charlot
on a Compaq ALPHA machine. Most had to do with mixed types in
MIN and MAX arguments. 28 Jan 2004 RCW.
- Added complete set of 3mm VLBA frequencies to freq.dat. Added
program makefreq to the RELATED PROGRAMS directory to do this. That
directory is not included in distributions. 02 Mar 2004 RCW.
- Fixed the relative source separation printout to use the name used
in the rest of the schedule. Also upped the minimum separation for
printed pairs to 30 degrees. 16 Mar 2004 RCW
- Fixed an array overflow (segmentation fault) when a tapeini
section is read more than once. 15 Mar 2004 RCW.
- Add scan and baseline time calculation to source list in
summary. 16 Mar 2004 RCW. Fixed so it would also be written when
Doppler information is written. 3 Feb 2005 RCW
- Added satellite tracking. This was a big change involving
incorporation of the NAIF software from JPL. However it is not expected
to be of general interest and there is a stub available in the makefile
to avoid needing NAIF. With this change, SCHED can calculate the
position of spacecraft if a SPICE file is available. Note that there
is an inconsistency in the handling of diurnal parallax that makes SPICE
planet positions come out somewhat different from positions based on
the JPL ephemeris. 24 Mar 2004 RCW.
- For CORTAPE, remove 9TRACK and add FTP to the
options. The correlators can no longer write 9 track tapes! 20 Apr
- Move geodetic (VGEO) setups away from satellite radio which is
at 2320-2345 MHz. 29 Jul 2004. RCW.
- VLA phasing scans were always phasing mode VA. Change that to
VL or VR if all channels are LCP or RCP in the following scan. 29 Jul
- Update ATNF catalog entries based on info from Chris
Phillips from 12 May 2004. 29 Jul 2004 RCW.
- Modify DOPINCR to have 2 arguments so that the LO equation becomes
. Requested for the ATNF by Chris
Phillips. 30 Jul 2004 RCW.
- Add DATAPATH, GRABTO, GRABTIME, and GRABGAP for eVLBI
control. 30 July 2004 RCW.
- Begin support added for Mark5 on the VLBA. Spring 2004. RCW.
- Allow use of DISC instead of DISK (I still maintain
that DISC is the wrong spelling, but oh well.). 26 Aug 2004 RCW.
- Extend downward the allowed values for VLAFEAB and
VLAFECD. 27 Aug 2004 RCW.
- Change default to tape only if MEDIA is not specified and
tape is an option at the station. Combined tape and disk commands
are causing confusion for the VLBA. 30 Aug. 2004 RCW.
- Add the MEDIADEF option to the station catalog. 13 Sep 2004
RCW. Also change some station catalog inputs to upper case just in case.
- Add a version (date) to the station.dat and freq.dat files and
report it in the summary file. 14 Sep 2004 RCW.
- Add a warning if an unnamed source is found in the catalog. This
Can mean that someone put in an extra /. 30 Sept. 2004. RCW
- Don't write track information to VLBA control files for norecord
scans (like pointing). This was causing a problem when pointing setups
did not match recording scans in bit rate and, because of VEX's
inability to deal with format=none, a format was was specified for the
pointing scan. 30 Sept. 2004. RCW
- Fix the count of Mark5 disk capacity used when not all stations
are on all the time. 12 Nov. 2004 RCW
- Don't complain about readbacks and tape stoppages when using disk.
12 Nov. 2004.
- Remove Mark5 stations from down scans, much like is done for
autoallocate VLBA stations. Parameter DODOWN added to override this
if desired. 28 Nov. 2004 RCW
- Allow a slight tolerance when testing if a scan start time was
before the previous scan stop time. We hit a case where a small rounding
error was causing problems. 9 Dec. 2004 RCW
- Turn off barrel roll for disk stations. 14 Dec 2004. RCW.
- Use a separate setup file for every station, including VLBA stations.
This should simplify some transition issues as we upgrade hardware. But
still maintain a single VLBA setup group in the OMS file when all are the
same - although that won't happen much for a while because the barrel roll
is different with Mark5 hand tape. Note that this is an internal coding
change. User specified setup files can still use VLBA to mean all VLBA
stations. 19 Dec 2004 RCW
- Add parameter MAXSRCHR to the station catalog to allow the
number of sources per hour to be limited. The MARK1 telescope at Jodrell
needs to avoid frequent slews to prevent fatigue and will not run
schedules that change sources too often. 19 Dec 2004 RCW
- Fixed the tape count for VLBA systems in 2 tape, 512 Mbps mode.
It had been low by factor of 2. 19 Dec 1004 RCW.
- Don't allow fewer than 8 tracks on Mark5A. 27 Dec 2004 RCW.
- For single polarization MarkIV, default to using both ``normal''
and ``alternate'' IFs to try to keep all channels in the low numbered
video converters. This was requested by the EVN because some stations
maintain the first 8 VCs better than the rest. A side effect of the
logic used to accomplish this effect is that dual polarization observations
will only use the ``normal'' IFs. Of course, any IF and VC (BBC) setting
can be forced to whatever you want in the setup file. 2 Jan 2005 RCW.
- Switch to numerical SCHED versions plus coarse dates. The integer
parts will change with major releases. The fractional parts will change
with bug fixes and minor releases. 3 Feb. 2005 RCW.
- Add position error bars to the source catalog inputs and write
the values to the printed source lists. 9 Feb 2005 RCW.
- Fixed a bug that occurred when adding new modes iff the phase
cal tones were off. Reynolds. Feb. 2005
- Prohibit oversampling greater than 4 coming to JIVE. Reynolds.
24 Feb. 2005
- Added ftp and evlbi scans (DATAPATH, GRABTO, GRABTIME) for VEX files
Reynolds. 24 Feb 2005
- Allow scheduling of Mk5 stations in VEX without specifying
VEXTEST (though no entries have been added to the catalogues yet)
Reynolds. 24 Feb 2005.
- Added several evn examples. Reynolds 24 Feb 2005.
Next: Release of 18 September
Up: Old Releases
Previous: Version 6.01