Recap of Session 1
The summary may be found
- UML diagrams at bottom of
source package doc.
- Overview Diagram
- Entry vs. Group
- Source vs. SourceLookupTable
- Catalog & Group Detailed Diagram
- Catalog & Group API via HTML, if requested
- Detour to generic catalog construct, if requested.
(Note that generic construct has already been used to
create ResourceCatalog and ResourceGroup, even though
Resource itself is barely developed.)
Source Lookup Table
- UML Class Diagram
- UML Sequence Diagram for Adding Source to Table.
(This won't be covered in detail unless requested.)
- Detour to generic lookup table utility class, if requested
Source & Subsource
- What's a Subsource? (B.Butler)
- Source as not much more than a collection of subsources.
Source always has at least one subsource. Source has
one main subsource that is used when someone asks
"Where is this source?".
- UML Class Diagram:
Subsource & Velocity
- VelocityConvention Class
- Detour to frequency classes, if requested
- Purpose: selection of subset of sources from a collection of sources.
- Concept: configure various attributes of filter. Only sources that
have attributes that match all criteria may pass through filter.
Eg: set up filter w/ RA & Dec ranges; only sources with an RA in
the given range AND a declination it its range may pass through. Filters
work solely with AND logic. Users can set up multiple filters to handle
- Status: only a few criteria coded at this point. Filter will evolve over
time based on selection criteria needed by applications.