Facts about the Itty Bitty Telescope
- 1. This is a 12,000 MHz radio telescope.
- 2. It can detect frequencies in the range of 12,200 to 12,700 MHz.
- 3. It is not a radio telescope system that can be used for serious sky surveys.
- 4. It can detect the Sun.
- 5. It can detect the body radiation.
- 6. It can detect 300 deg K tree branches.
- 7. Using the gain adjustor, set it to 0 when pointed to cold sky. It should register 1/2 scale for human radiation or 300 deg K, and full scale on the Sun.
Other experiments are listed on:
To aid in aiming the telescope use the following site to determine
where the Sun will be on a particular day. http://aa.usno.navy.mil/